[Gandur] Fwd: CfP for a Tourism Review special issue: Myths and Fairytales in Tourism FINAL CALL

Laufey Haraldsdóttir laufey at holar.is
Fri May 23 10:21:20 GMT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Christian Laesser* <christian.laesser at unisg.ch>
Date: Friday, May 23, 2014
Subject: CfP for a Tourism Review special issue: Myths and Fairytales in
Tourism FINAL CALL
To: trinet-l at lists.hawaii.edu

Dear Trinetters

In 2015, Tourism Review, the official outlet of AIEST (International
Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism) will celebrate its 70th
volume of publication. For that, we plan a number of special issues.
One of these special issues will be “Myths and Fairytales in Tourism”.

We hereby call for papers for this special issue (see CfP attached).

We admit: The title might be a bit odd (to say the least). This is
intentional.

We are looking for work that challenges the existing body of knowledge
(factoids or assumptions), questioning what we appear to know,
in a serious (in terms of relevance and rigour) but possibly also
entertaining way (we have something to celebrate!).
So, we look out for rejected hypotheses, critical reviews/ viewpoints (in
terms of content and methodology alike), new ideas out-of the-box, and the
like.

Formats of papers can be research papers, viewpoints, conceptual papers,
case studies, literature reviews, or general reviews.

The criteria to select papers shall be driven by the accuracy of the issue
addressed as well as the innovativeness of the approach and arguments.

For your information: Tourism Review is the oldest tourism journal in the
world and has recently been ranked 'B', according to the ABDC journal
ranking list.

Looking forward to your submission, I remain.

Kind regards

Christian Laesser
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Tourism Review

*(See attached file: CfP Myths and Fairy Tales in Tourism (Tourism Review
70th anniversary).pdf)*

   Prof. Dr. Christian Laesser
   Research Center for Tourism and Transport ¦ Institute for Systemic
   Management and Public Governance (IMP-HSG) ¦ University of St. Gallen

   Dufourstrasse 40a ¦ 9000 St. Gallen ¦ Switzerland

   P: +41(71)224-2525 ¦ M: +41(79)636-0023 ¦ L: Central Institutes
   Building, Office # 3-356
   Personal URL:
   http://www.alexandria.unisg.ch/Personen/Person/L/Christian_Laesser

   2ND BIENNIAL FORUM - ADVANCES IN DESTINATION MANAGEMENT
   June 10-13, 2014, St. Gallen (Switzerland)
   www.advances-destinationmanagement.com

   material.  Any review, retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or
   computer.

--
Laufey Haraldsdóttir lektor/assistant professor