[Gandur] FW: Book review source--Journal of Folklore Research Reviews

Rósa Þorsteinsdóttir rosat at hi.is
Sun Nov 16 17:19:54 GMT 2008

 From our colleague John McDowell at Indiana University. (Let me add
my own endorsement of these useful reviews: they are wide-ranging in
coverage, and they appear _quickly_.)

Folklorists and Friends,

The Journal of Folklore Research Reviews is approaching its third
birthday, to be celebrated in January of 2009. Staffed by editor John
McDowell, associate editor William Hansen, and editorial assistant
Steve Stanzak, our mission is to publish quality reviews of scholarly
works that should be of interest to folklorists, and to distribute
these reviews swiftly by sending them directly to the electronic
mailboxes of our subscribers. All reviews are permanently stored on
the Journal of Folklore Research website at
http://www.indiana.edu/~jofr/. To date we have published reviews of
books and CDs, but we are open to expanding this coverage to other
media and venues of scholarly production.

Subscription to the Journal of Folklore Research Reviews is free of
charge. If you are not a subscriber and would like to become one,
just send a note to jfrr at indiana.edu letting us know your intention.
And if you have colleagues or friends who might enjoy this service,
please help us get word to them of JFRR.

As you may know, our sponsor, the Journal of Folklore Research,
continues to publish in print form original research articles and
encounters with folklore as well as selected reviews from JFRR. We
invite you to subscribe to the print journal as well, if you are not
already receiving it. Visit our website for further information on
the journal and on our e-mail review service; here you will find, as
noted, the permanent archive of reviews published by JFRR:
http://www.indiana.edu/~jofr.

John McDowell, Editor, JFRR

--
Dorothy Noyes

Associate Professor of English, Comparative Studies, and Anthropology
The Ohio State University
noyes.10 at osu.edu

Director, The Center for Folklore Studies
http://cfs.osu.edu/
308 Dulles Hall
230 W. 17th Ave.
Columbus OH 43210
tel. 614-292-8308

Research Associate, The Mershon Center for International Security
Studies
http://mershoncenter.osu.edu/
1501 Neil Ave.
Columbus OH 43201-2602