[Gandur] PhD Opportunities at Ironbridge International Institute for Cultural Heritage]

Valdimar Tryggvi Hafstein vth at hi.is
Mon Jan 14 09:56:21 GMT 2013

Subject: PhD Opportunities at Ironbridge International Institute for
Cultural Heritage
From:    "Mike Robinson" <m.d.robinson at bham.ac.uk>
Date:    Fri, January 11, 2013 3:36 pm
To:      Undisclosed recipients:;

Dear Colleagues,

My apologies in advance for cross-posting and if this message is not
directly relevant to you.

I would be most grateful if, through your networks,  you could forward
this email onto potential PhD candidates who would be interested in
applying for a scholarship to undertake research in the broad field of
cultural heritage within the Ironbridge International Institute for
Cultural Heritage based at the University of Birmingham.

The deadline for applications is quite tight but the form is straightforward.

The University of Birmingham's College of Arts and Law is pleased to
announce significant investment in its PhD scholarships. In 2013-14 it is
offering a substantial number of College, School and University awards in
addition to 13 AHRC block grant funded PhD scholarships.

The College of Arts and Law has its own Graduate School, a vibrant
community of over 1500 postgraduate students. We benefit from excellent
research resources and a supportive environment that allows research to
flourish. Located at the University of Birmingham's main Edgbaston campus,
we have a dedicated space and top class facilities that encourage
interaction between disciplines and research areas to put students amongst
like-minded people, giving them the stimulation, support and challenges
they need.

The Ironbridge International Institute for Cultural Heritage welcomes
applications from suitably qualified and enthusiastic candidates seeking
to explore the broad field of cultural heritage. We welcome applications
which consider multi/interdisciplinary  and transnational perspectives.
Our interests and expertise are extensive so that we welcome proposals for
PhD study which cover the following areas:

*         Politics of World Heritage

*         Understanding Intangible Heritage

*         Museums in a Social / Political Context

*         Heritage and Nationalism

*         Heritage, Memory and Identity

*         Tourism and Heritage Relationships

*         Heritages of Conflict

*         Heritage and the Media

*         Managing Cultural Landscapes

*         Heritage Policy

These are indicative areas only.

Candidates should apply before the application deadline of 28th January 2013.

For further details, please click
here<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/calgs/scholarships/index.aspx>.
Alternatively, you can email Dale Bilson
(d.c.bilson at bham.ac.uk<mailto:d.c.bilson at bham.ac.uk>) for an informal
discussion of our scholarship opportunities, or to register your interest
for our online chat, at 5pm on Wednesday 16th January, please click
here<http://groupchat01.hobsons.co.uk/01/Landingpage.aspx?clientname=bham>.

CAL Graduate School Website: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/calgs

Best wishes

Professor Mike Robinson
Chair of Cultural Heritage
Director, The Ironbridge International Institute for Cultural Heritage
College of Arts and Law
The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT
UK

Email: m.d.robinson at bham.ac.uk<mailto:m.d.robinson at bham.ac.uk>
Tel:    ++44 (0)121 414 3119
Editor, Journal of Tourism & Cultural Change
(www.tandf.co.uk/journals/1476-6825<http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/1476-6825>)
Editor, Tourism & Cultural Change Book Series
(www.multilingual-matters.com/series/series_tcc.asp?TAG=&CID<http://www.multilingual-matters.com/series/series_tcc.asp?TAG=&CID>=)

International Conference
Tourism and the Shifting Values of Cultural Heritage: Visiting Pasts -
Developing Futures, April 2013, Taipei
http://internationaltaipei2013.wordpress.com/about/