[Gandur] [Fwd: Cultural Analysis Volume 7; Call for papers]

Rósa Þorsteinsdóttir rosat at hi.is
Wed Jun 3 21:48:46 GMT 2009

--------------------------- Upprunalegt Skeyti ---------------------------
Titill:     Cultural Analysis Volume 7; Call for papers
Frá:        caforum at socrates.berkeley.edu
Dagsetning: mið, júní 3, 2009 7:43 pm
Til:        thompst at earthlink.net

Dear Subscriber,

We are pleased to announce the publication of Cultural Analysis: An
Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture, Volume 7.

This issue is now out in full, and available free of charge on the web (in
both html and pdf formats), at:
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~caforum

As always, a limited press release of hardcopies will be delivered free of
charge to major institutions around the world.

Please do feel free to share this information with anyone you feel may be
interested.

Sincerely,

the editors,
Cultural Analysis

CALLS FOR PAPERS:

1. Call for Papers for Special Issue Volume 9:
Here, There, and In-Between: Virtual and Actual Social Space
Cultural Analysis is currently seeking submissions for an upcoming special
volume on the virtual. Folklore’s power to constitute collectivities has
made it a frequent site of shared virtual spaces. As scholars increasingly
engage with the effects of digital media on culture, it is useful to
reflect on the historical virtualities of folklore as well as the newly
emerging folklore of the digital virtual.

The editors welcome submissions from a variety of disciplines and
perspectives that touch on the production, transmission, performance or
reception of virtual social spaces. Possible subject areas could include
the digital virtual (The cultural geography of digital spaces, online
social memory sites, etc), other forms of virtual presence (“real but not
actual” social spaces) or connections between virtual and actual spaces.
General Submissions:

2. In addition to submissions for our special volume, we always welcome
submissions for our general issues. These submissions should critically
interrogate some aspect of folklore or popular culture, but can approach
these topics from a range of disciplinary perspectives. Cultural Analysis
encourages submissions from a variety of theoretical standpoints and from
different disciplines including anthropology, cultural studies, folklore,
media studies, popular culture, psychology, and sociology. As the mission
of Cultural Analysis is to promote interdisciplinary dialogue on the
topics of folklore and popular culture, pieces that engage with multiple
methodologies are especially welcome. For a representative sample of our
publications, previous volumes can be viewed on our website.

Submission Guidelines:
Authors should submit research articles of approximately 20-25 pages in
length, in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style, and include an
abstract of 100 words and a "Works Cited" section. Microsoft Word (version
95 or later) is the preferred format for all electronic copies. Electronic
copies may be submitted on a PC formatted disk or sent as e-mail
attachments to caforum at socrates.berkeley.edu. Further submission
information can be found on our website.

About Cultural Analysis:
Cultural Analysis is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal dedicated
to investigating expressive and everyday culture. The journal features
analytical research articles, but also includes notes, reviews, and
cross-disciplinary responses. Cultural Analysis is global in scope, with
an international editorial board. The journal was founded in 2000 at the
University of California, Berkeley.

Cultural Analysis is published electronically in HTML and PDF formats as
well as in a limited print run. Access to these files is available free of
charge at the Cultural Analysis website,
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~caforum.

  Please feel free to email Cultural Analysis with any questions:
  caforum at socrates.berkeley.edu

  Address all postal correspondence to:
  Cultural Analysis
  232 Kroeber Hall