[Gandur] Casting Call - sjá einnig viðhengi

Rósa Þorsteinsdóttir rosat at hi.is
Tue Jan 6 13:14:07 GMT 2009

Casting Call

Park Light Pictures presents ‘Folktales’, a proposed 6-12 part
documentary series about beautiful folk stories, their origins, their
meanings and the people who maintain them.

In a time where social morals and values are on the decline and
fundamentalism is on the rise due to the void that has been left by
the weakening of Christianity in England, we feel it is time that we
look back on the stories that shaped our societies before
Christianity. The ideas of romantic nationalism that lie within them
and within our globalised community, how they translate to today’s
society and what we can learn from them.

We are looking for a storyteller who is;
Young
Charismatic
Good looking
Perfect (though not necessarily native) English
Willing to travel
Other languages and TV experience a bonus

Please send us a short letter or email with a photo attached.  It
should include a little bit about yourself, your background, your
interest in storytelling and perhaps your favourite story.  What makes
you the best person to present the world of folktales to the nation?

Closing date 31st January 2009

Many thanks and best of luck

Edward Dallal
Director; Park Light Pictures Ltd.